Friday, February 27, 2015

Five For Friday: Weekly Linky Party!

Parks and Recreation is over!! =[  
I will miss Leslie Knope and her crew entertaining me weekly. If you've never watched Parks and Rec before, then you are missing out on one of the best shows ever! 


In commemoration, I will be sure to have a bi-monthly Treat yo' self day. 


My kiddos and I have been working sooooo hard becoming better readers and thinkers. 
Their first response to confusion in the Resource Nook is "I don't know." That has to stop! We must put on our thinking caps and work through the confusion. 
For Black History Month, we did a month of close reading using this product by 24/7 Teacher. They were reluctant at first but really got into it! I think that they learned a ton from the month of close reading! 

Look at them go!!!







My little cousin came over a few weekends ago to spend the night. 
She loves playing a cupcake game on the tablet and really wanted to make cupcakes. 
I promised her we could make real cupcakes the next time she came over.
I totally forgot about this deal. Guess who didn't?!? 
We had a great time making cupcakes and frosting. 
FYI-Making cupcakes with a 5 year old is hard, hard work and they do not always match the picture..







I just love the store Fresh Thyme!
One thing that I have to go to Fresh Thyme for weekly is the delicious fresh squeezed orange juice. 
It is just oranges-- the best oranges you have ever tasted!

I would show you a picture, but I drank all of the best juice on the planet. 




On Tuesday, I got a new hair style. 
I'm not going to post pictures because I think it's kind of a hot mess. 
However, I'm going to deal with it for at least one week...maybe...hopefully... =/
Everyone I have encountered since getting my hair done has commented on how much they love it and that I should keep it up for a while. 
But, when you don't like it, you just don't like it. 
One of my kiddos wrote me a note and it was just too cute. I feel like I have no choice but to push through and embrace the look. 



She is just the sweetest! 

2 comments:

  1. If your hair is cool, awesome, AND fancy you might need to give it at least TWO weeks! I'm impressed with your students' reading responses. My third graders have been needing more motivating than usual lately. Too many snow days, delays, and vacations! Have a great week.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete